- Prep time
- 15 minutes PT15M
- Cook time
- 50 minutes to 1 hour PT0.83333333333333M
- Serves 6-8
- 1 lb. Nugget Markets' Fresh To Market Mild Italian Sausage (about 3 links)
- 2 red bell peppers, diced medium
- 1 yellow onion, diced medium
- ½ lb. button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ cup parsley
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 jar Alfredo Sauce
- 1 jar Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 1 lb. pasta (your choice)*
Sear sausage in a large stockpot; remove and set aside. Add olive oil to pot; sauté bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, garlic and Italian seasoning for about 6 minutes. Slice sausage into thin rounds, return to pot and cook an additional 6 minutes. Pour both Classico sauces into pot; add parsley and lemon juice. Reduce heat to low; simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
In a separate pot, bring lightly salted water to a boil. Cook 1 lb. of pasta to al dente. Strain; pour pasta into stewed sausage and alfredo and simmer together for 4-5 minutes.
*Our pasta of choice is a cut called radiatori. It has deep ridges, which are perfect for holding sauce. Any pasta cut will do though!
Serve with garlic bread and a light Caesar salad on the side.
Techniques used in this recipe:
- sear: to brown the surface of food in fat over high heat before finishing by another method (for example, braising) in order to add flavor.
- simmer (I)
- simmer (I): to maintain the temperature of a liquid just below boiling.
- al dente
Italian, To the tooth; to cook an item, such as pasta or vegetables, until it is tender but still firm, not soft.
A classic white wine made famous in Burgundy, France, it's now grown all over the world. It takes oak well and is often fermented and aged in oak barrels. Full bodied, with rich flavors of vanilla, butter, green apple and tropical fruit (banana, pineapple).