- Prep time
- 10 min. PT0
- Cook time
- 6-10 min. PT0
- Serves 4
This dish uses the herb's earthiness to enhance the flavor lamb. Guests and family alike will enjoy the elegant simplicity of this wine-friendly dish.
- 4 lamb London Broil chops
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to coat
Chop the rosemary, garlic, and extra-virgin olive oil together to create a paste. Rub the lamb with the mixture, and marinate for up to 1 hour at room temperature, or in the fridge overnight.
Preheat the grill to medium -high for direct heat.
Grill for 3-5 minutes a side for medium-rare. Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Techniques used in this recipe:
- chop (I)
- chop (I): to cut into pieces of roughly the same size.
- direct heat
- direct heat: a method of heat transfer in which heat waves radiate from a source (for example, an open burner or grill) and travel directly to the item being heated with no conductor between heat source and food. Examples are grilling, broiling, and toasting.
- grill (I)
- grill (I): a cooking technique in which foods are cooked by a radiant heat source placed below the food.
- coat: to sprinkle food with, or dip it into, egg, flour, chocolate, sauce, etc.
How does one describe Syrah? Rustic, muscular, yet elegant! Its abundant aromas and flavors often suggest leather, damp earth, wild blackberries, smoke, roasted meats, and a strong peppery spice.
Zinfandel is a mouthfilling, dry red wine packed with jammy blackberry, boysenberry and plummy fruit flavors. It can be quite thick, chewy and extremely dark in color.
Primarily cultivated in California, this varietal is distinct from true Syrah and is traditionally a blending grape. Left to itself, it often shows somewhat peppery flavors, and many consumers have come to love it.
Spain's most famous grape! Produces a refined wine that bursts with cherries when young. It is typically aged for two years or more, at which point Tempranillo takes on an earthy, sweet vanillan flavor.